The 42nd Annual Conference of the Society of Ethnobiology in Vancouver, B.C., May 8–11, 2019
Abstract submission is now open.
We welcome all individually submitted abstracts on topics relevant for ethnobiology.
DEADLINE for abstract submission:
January 15, 2019 January 31, 2019
Awards still due January 15, recipients will be notified by February 1 and the awards will be announced publicly by February 8, 2019.
Submissions for organized sessions is now closed.
Information Regarding Presentations
Oral Presentation Length: 15 minutes
Individual abstract word limit: 150 max
Poster Presentations: Please refer to this page for additional guidelines and tips for presenting a poster.
- All first authors must be registered for the conference. Conference participants may only be first author on one paper, and likewise may only be the first author on one poster submission.
- Preference for the final program selection will be given to first authors who are only submitting an abstract for one form of presentation (either an oral or poster).
- There is no limit on the number of abstracts (oral or poster) in which you can be a co-author.
How to Submit an Abstract
- Sign up for an SoE membership. If you are already a member, check that your membership expiry date is later than or equal to May 11, 2019. You can find your membership information by logging in and clicking the "Account" link under "My Menu" in the left sidebar.
- Log in to the website. New members will receive an email with login information after purchasing a membership. If you have forgotten your password you may request a login link using the Password Reset form.
- Register for the conference. If you do not log in before you register please make sure you use the same name and email address on the registration form as you did for your membership.
- Return to this page and click on the "Submit Your Abstract Now" button below. If you do not see the button, please try logging out, then logging back in again. If you still do not see the button, contact the SoE Webmaster for assistance.