The 45th Annual Conference of the Society of Ethnbiology in St. Louis, MO, Apr 24–27, 2024
Abstract submission is now open.
We welcome all individually submitted abstracts on topics relevant for ethnobiology.
Presentation format options:
- Oral (live)
- Oral (prerecorded)
- Poster (live)
- Poster (virtual)
Please note that virtual poster presenters will need to pay for the cost to print out their poster at the conference ($30 flat fee). You will be invited to attend the poster session via Zoom to discuss your poster with conference attendees.
DEADLINE for abstract submission: December 15, 2023
How to Submit an Abstract
- Purchase an SoE membership*. If you are already a member, check that your membership expiry date is April 27, 2024 or later. You can find your membership information by logging in and clicking the "Account" link under "My Menu" in the right sidebar.
- Log in to the website. New members will receive an email with login information after purchasing a membership. If you have forgotten your password you may request a login link using the Password Reset form. **If you do not log in before proceeding to Step 3, your registration may not be linked to your membership record and you will not be able to submit your abstract.
- Register for the conference*.
- Log out, then log back in again. This step is required for your login account to be updated with the registration information.
- Return to this page and click on the green "Submit Your Abstract Now" button below. If the button is gray and not clickable, please try logging out, then logging back in again. If the button is still gray and not clickable, contact the SoE Webmaster for assistance.
*Please note: Conference/Membership Waiver and Conference Travel Award Applicants are granted access to the Abstract Submission form after submitting their application. Unsuccessful applicants whose abstracts are accepted will be required to meet the membership and registration requirements to be included in the conference program.Submit Your Abstract Now
Information Regarding Presentations
Oral Presentation Length: 12 minutes (10 min presentation, 2 min questions)
Poster Presentations: Please refer to this page for additional guidelines and tips for presenting a poster.
Individual abstract word limit (oral and poster): 150 max
- All first authors must be registered for the conference. Conference participants may only be first author on one paper, and likewise may only be the first author on one poster submission.
- Preference for the final program selection will be given to first authors who are only submitting an abstract for one form of presentation (either an oral or poster).
- There is no limit on the number of abstracts (oral or poster) in which you can be a co-author.