On Friday evening, conference registrants and guests will gather for a special banquet. The banquet will be held at the Montreal Planetarium and will feature the 2017 Distinguished Ethnobiologists Steven Weber and Steven Emslie, the co-founders of our Society. We will conclude the evening with a special treat of singing and dance with a Haudenosaunee singing society.
The banquet will feature local cuisine and traditions so that we can celebrate the rich diversity and heritage of the region. The caterer (Kwe Kwe Gourmet) has designed a special menu for our event.
Buffet Menu for Banquet *
- Mixed green salad station
- Quinoa and roasted sweet potato salad with caramelized onions and roasted red pepper.
- Wild rice and brown rice salad with cranberries, dried blueberries, roasted butternut squash, green onions and pumpkin seeds.
- Venison or moose meat pies. Served with cranberry sauce, strawberry jam and ketchup on the side
- Hearty Venison or moose stew with carrots, celery, potatoes and sweet potatoes.
- Baked Walleye with lemon pepper and garlic
- Smoked sturgeon, served with garlic and chive cream cheese and crackers
- Mini Fry bread/ Bannock
- Fresh fruit and berry salad: watermelon, strawberry, blueberries, pineapple and blackberries
- Baked dessert
* The Kwe Kwe Gourmet has designed the buffet to provide meal options for vegetarian, vegan, and gluten free diets.