As a member of the Society of Ethnobiology, you will become part of a community of people interested in the interaction of humans with plants and animals. Our membership includes researchers and scholars in the fields of ethnobiology, students initiating ethnobiological studies, and interested people from all walks of life. We provide a forum for discussion and publication of research in historical and contemporary ecological knowledge, paleoethnobiology, environmental history and prehistory, cultural and political ecology, and ethnography of natural products.
Society of Ethnobiology Membership
- Connects you to Society of Ethnobiology online, with scholars, students, and the global ethnobiology community contributing to online news, forum, and media
- Provides you access to the full Society of Ethnobiology Membership directory and profiles
- Delivers you the biannual Journal of Ethnobiology with peer-reviewed research papers, reviews, and news (print or electronic available, with online access to back issues)
- Links you to the Society’s open access Ethnobiology Letters, for short communications, debate, and reviews
- Meets you every year at the spring Ethnobiology Conference for presentation of major ethnobiological research papers, analyses, and current discussion