Book your dorm room or hotel room now! Be sure and use the conference code SEB/SoE when booking your room.
We have reserved a block of rooms in a dorm, Ogg Hall, (http://map.wisc.edu/s/ps4vfy00) that is a few blocks from the Memorial Union, the conference venue.
To book a dorm room, click here. One landing on that page, people need to scroll down and find SEB/SoE on the list of conferences and meetings, and use the link there to register for housing.
Rooms need to be reserved by the 17th of May, just two weeks before the conference begins.
* includes breakfast and taxes.
This price includes breakfast, which will be available in a nearby building, the Gordon Dining and Event Center (see it in relation to the dorm here: http://map.wisc.edu/s/ps4vfy00).
They will find you a roommate if you don’t already have one.
We have reserved blocks of rooms at a number of local hotels, as well.
1) Best Western Premier Park Hotel is a hotel on the square of the Capitol building about a 15-20 minute walk from the Memorial Union. The rate of $159 for traditional rooms with 1 or 2 beds and $169 for deluxe rooms, $189 for suites. These rates do not include taxes. Must be booked by May 3. To book, please call 608-285-8000 and please mention you are part of the Society for Economic Botany and Society for Ethnobiology annual meeting block. Comes with complimentary WiFi and airport shuttle.
2) The Graduate Madison is a hotel on Langdon St. just a few blocks from the Memorial Union, about a 10 minute walk. The rate of $139 for rooms with 2 Queen beds or 1 King bed. This rate does not include taxes. Must be booked by April 18. To book, please call 608-257-4391 and please mention you are part of the Society for Economic Botany and Society for Ethnobiology (SEB/SoE) annual meeting block. Comes with complimentary WiFi and local transportation shuttle. Parking is $20 per car per night.
3) The Lowell Center Hotel is a hotel located just steps from Pyle Center, State Street shops and Madison’s vibrant Capitol Square, and is just a few blocks from the Memorial Union, the conference venue. The rate is $105 for standard rooms and $124 for deluxe rooms, based on single occupancy. Additional guests are $12 each. These rates do not include taxes. Must be booked by May 3. To book, please call 1-866-301-1753 or 608-256-2621 or email email@example.com and please mention you are part of the Society for Economic Botany and Society for Ethnobiology annual meeting block. Comes with complimentary WiFi and parking is $10 per car per day.
4) The Hampton Inn and Suites is a hotel located just off campus, steps from State Street shops and Capitol Square. It is a 15 minute walk to the Memorial Union, the conference venue. The rate is $169 per night plus tax. All rooms include complimentary breakfast and WIFI. Parking will be an additional charge. Reservations may be made by calling 608-255-0360 and mentioning the annual meeting of the Society for Economic Botany and the Society for Ethnobiology. Must be booked by May 3.
During the days of scientific sessions there will be coffee/tea breaks in mid-morning and mid-afternoon. Lunches and suppers are on your own in most cases, except for the opening reception, mentor lunch, and banquet. Fortunately, there are LOTS of excellent options for food. There are dining options within the Memorial Union and beer, brats, and popcorn available on its iconic lakeside terrace. There are many varied food carts at lunchtime just a block away on the “Library Mall.” Also, the entire 15-minute walk along State Street from the east end of the UW campus to Capitol Square is lined with restaurants of many cuisines from around the world, all within walking distance of the conference venue.