35th Annual Meeting, Denver Botanic Gardens, April 11–14, 2012. "Conservation and Communities"
The Society of Ethnobiology invites papers for our 2012 conference "Conservation and Communities" to be held April 11–14, 2012, at the Denver Botanic Gardens in Colorado. This year's conference theme explores the importance and power of linking conservation efforts to communities.
We encourage presentations that:
- Highlight engagement and collaboration with indigenous peoples
- Recognize the importance of working with children and elders
- Incorporate innovations in environmental education
- Document conservation (or lack there of) in the paleoecological and archaeological records
- Integrate diverse kinds of knowledge
- Recognize the importance of traditional knowledge in conservation and restoration
- Investigate the application of archaeobiological data to conservation
- Provide different perspectives on land and natural resource management
Conference email: email@example.com